Want to spend your vacation in India? This holiday season can find you enjoying the climate of East Delhi. Read on to know all about this district in Delhi and fly off to the place.
Where is this place?
It is one of the newly created districts in Delhi. It is one of the major administrative and commercial centers in Delhi. It is located close to New Delhi, the capital of modern India.
English, Hindi, Punjabi, Marathi and Gujarati are the primary languages in this district. English is understood here but is mainly a written language. Hindi is the major spoken language in the place.
Places in East-Delhi are :
- Mayur Vihar – This famous residential colony has the beautiful Sanjay lake.
- Shahdara – This small town is the first station of the Delhi Metro Railway. It has the “Chota Bazaar”, the second oldest market in Delhi.
- Patparganj – It is a major industrial location in the district.
- Preet Vihar – This well established colony has a large number of shops. It is regarded as a major commercial hub in Delhi. The place has interesting things to offer to foreigners. Foreign shoppers can get a good bargain in these local shops.
Rapid industrialization and urbanization is fast changing the place for the better. In recent years, a lot of factories have opened up in this district. People from many other parts of Delhi come to work here. The district is also close to the Indian capital, New Delhi. Quite naturally, the district is well connected to the rest of Delhi via roads and railways. Looking for traveling into the place by airways? You can be welcomed at the Indira Gandhi International Airport or the Safdarjung Airport nearby.
Tourist attractions in East Delhi
There are many fascinating hotspots in the place. These attract tourists from various parts of the country as well as many foreign nations. The traditional tourist attractions here are:
Every winter, this beautiful lake attracts a lot of migratory birds like :
- Tufted pochard
- Common teal
- Pied wagtail
- Common pochard
- Spot bill
- Yellow headed wagtailThe lake is an ideal destination for any bird watcher. It attracts a lot of visitors every year, especially foreigners who want to get a taste of Indian natural beauty.
Uttara Guruvayur Temple
It is one of the most important religious places in Delhi. Constructed in the year 1983, this magnificent temple houses the idols of Lord Krishna, Lord Vighneswara, Chottanikkara Bhagawathy, Lord Siva and Lord Ayyappa. A large number of pilgrims visit the temple every year.
Accommodation is not a problem in this district. The place has a number of hotels for people of every taste and budget. The hotels in East Delhi are extremely pleasant to stay in during your vacation. The environment, rooms and services are top-notch. You can feel at home here. There are also many co-operative organizations which provide accommodations to visitors.