Monuments in Delhi
Delhi is a place of wonders. It is this city, which has witnessed the rise and fall of several dynasties. Walking through the lanes of Delhi, you are sure to get a feel of its ancient past. The Monuments of Delhi speak a lot about this city’s ancient history. When you visit the monuments, you are sure to experience the aura of the dynasties which are responsible for bringing these up in Delhi.
Delhi has lots to offer in terms of famous monuments. Early history and ancient history, talk about the advent of several kingdoms in and around Delhi. Delhi has served as a capital for many of these dynasties such as, Maurya dynasty, Mughal dynasty and so on. As a seat of administration, Delhi has been privileged, to be considered as a place for monuments and architectural advancements.
What to find in Delhi:
Delhi proudly flaunts some of the best sightseeing places and famous monuments. If you are staying in Delhi or planning to visit this city, you are sure to get mesmerized by the amazing art of work. You can check out some of the splendid work of the Mughal era or the European style architecture in form of monuments.
If you are on a holiday in Delhi, this place has decided not to disappoint you. There are several historical wonders in Delhi. Some of which includes, Safdarjung Tomb, Feroz Shah Kotla, Qutub Minar and so on.
- Qutub Minar: Qutub Minar is a wonder of its kind. It was built in the year, 1192 by the founder ruler of the Slave dynasty. The tower of the Qutub Minar is made of sandstone and red brick and is a pleasure to watch. Located amidst the lush greenery of South Delhi, this is a major tourist spot.
- Jama Masjid Delhi: Being the largest mosque in India, Jama Masjid is a must visit, when in Delhi. It is located in Old Delhi and is a major tourist attraction. The famous builder Emperor Shah Jahan had constructed this beautiful mosque, under the guidance of Saadulah Khan.
- Lotus Temple: Delhi is adorned with this amazingly beautiful Lotus Temple. As the name suggests, this temple looks like a lotus. The temple rests in the Kalkaji area of Delhi. This marvelous temple was conceived and constructed by Persian architect, Fariborz Sahba.
- Red Fort of Delhi: This is a pride of India. Lal Quila or the Red Fort is one of the most beautiful monuments of India. Shah Jahan again takes the credit of building this spectacular monument which is built in red stone. You cannot miss this famous monument in Delhi by any chance.
- >Humayun’s Tomb: Humayun’s Tomb is yet another Mughal wonder. It is a beautiful monument which was constructed in the year, 1565 A.D by the Emperor Humayun’s widow, Hamida Banu Begum. The tomb brings out the Mughal tastes in form of its beautiful architecture.
The Monuments in Delhi are a must visit as they give a glimpse of the ancient past. They bring out the choices of the rulers who came to rule India and made Delhi their capital. Delhi is adorned with several monuments which narrate stories from the past.
The monuments in Delhi indeed are the best ones which you can find, not just in India but also in the world.